a, sans-serif; font-size: large;"> THE 8th ANNUAL FREE WILDLIFE FESTIVAL AND PLANT SALE will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on SATURDAY, OCT. 20 at the MITCHELL LAKE AUDUBON CENTER -- click the headline for all the details!
San Antonio.- THE 8th ANNUAL FREE WILDLIFE FESTIVAL AND PLANT SALE will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on SATURDAY, OCT. 20 at the MITCHELL LAKE AUDUBON CENTER -- click the headline for all the details!
Join the fun at the Mitchell Lake Audubom Wildlife Center and have a wonderful, memorable day.
“This year marks the 8th year of this great event. We invite our community to come out to enjoy Mitchell Lake and learn more about our natural world, said Susan Albert, Center Director. Our wonderful event has continued to grow and this year offers more great activities and programs.”
This year, the FREE event includes:
- A plant sale featuring native and drought tolerant plants
- Kids Nature Safari activity
- SAWS Autumn Bloom Giveaway
- Guided plant and butterfly walks
- A raptor show featuring Last Chance Forever (at 1:30 pm)
- Kids’ Corner featuring birdhouse building with Home Depot and kids’ activities (at 9 am)
- Snake and reptile exhibit
- CPR Tree Giveaway
- Solar Viewing with the San Antonio Astronomical Association
- Live radio broadcast of “Milberger’s Gardening South Texas” on KLUP (noon to 2 pm)
- Educational and activity booths focused on nature and our community
- Vendors featuring products for gardening and birding and inspired by nature!
Parking for the 2012 event will be at MLAC due to the recent favorable weather conditions. MLAC is located at 10750 Pleasanton Rd (exit 46 Moursund off 410. Proceed south for .7 miles, entrance on left).
Mitchell Lake, designated as a wildlife refuge by the city of San Antonio in 1973, is a 1200-acre natural area consisting of a 600-acre lake and 625 acres of wetlands, ponds and uplands Programming at the Audubon Center is specifically designed to focus on educating families, with an emphasis on outdoor science and citizenship