San Antonio.- (Courtesy Photo)
The City Manager will be presenting the City’s FY 2014 Proposed Budget to the Mayor and City Council on Thursday, Aug. 8, 2013. After the budget is proposed, San Antonio residents are invited to provide their feedback on the City's Fiscal Year 2014 Budget by attending citywide hearings. The hearings are set to begin Monday, Aug. 12, 2013.
Council Members and City staff will be available at the hearings to explain important aspects of the proposed budget and answer questions from participants. A short video will be presented at the hearing to help participants learn more about the proposed budget.
All Area Budget Hearings will begin at 6 p.m. They are scheduled as follows:
Monday, August 12
- West Area: District 5 Senior Center, 2701 S. Presa St.
Tuesday, August 13
- North Area: Parkhills Baptist Church, 17747 San Pedro Ave.
Wednesday, August 14
- Northwest Area: St. Paul’s Community Center, 1201 Donaldson Ave.
Thursday, August 15
- Central Area: TriPoint YMCA Grantham Center, 3233 N. St. Mary’s St.
Tuesday, August 20
- Southeast Area: St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church, 1314 Fair Ave.
All Citywide Budget Hearings will begin at 6 p.m. They are a scheduled as follows:
Wednesday, August 28 and Wednesday, September 4
- City Council Chambers, 114 W. Commerce St.
The City of San Antonio budget is scheduled to be adopted on Sept. 12, 2013.
The City's fiscal year begins on Oct. 1, 2013. For more information on the City's FY 2014 Balanced Proposed Budget, visit www.sanantonio.gov/budget.
Lorraine Pulido is the Public Relations Manager for the City of San Antonio.